Trying to Establish Communications

Helios
Faction: Viconye Ritek

Trying to Establish Communications

Postby Helios » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

So for a long time I've been really loosing faith in what is going on around here. I know we want to all believe but now that even the TS is down and no one has really heard a thing from the devs it's starting to get too much.

I am going to attempt my last time of trying to help communications get a bit more common around here between us and the devs and see if anything comes of it. Also to see if they will let us see what is going on with the game because it's been over a month since we last heard and even more so since we've seen anything new.

I know these words are harsh but it needs to be heard. If no communication is successful I will be resigning my position as I am no longer able to carry it out in the way it needs to be. The position of admin thus far has become pointless.

I am sorry to those that this post disheartens and that is why I will do my best to make this attempt work.

-Helios

Feydikan

Re: Trying to Establish Communications

Postby Feydikan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 am

Seeing you say this Helios dose raise some concern. But I have to say I have been getting the same feelings the past few months, even during the kickstarter; information, progress, communictions.... lacking and few and far in between.

Both crowd sourcing events had pretty much the same information, and while more was promised.... it has never come to fruition.

I don't want to say I have lost faith in this project, since I still check the forums everyday and still have a glimmer of hope: But the fact is the excitement I was feeling earlier this year has been replaced with the reality that this might just be a waste of an investment.
I am a Towel
Currently playing: Divinity: Original Sin & Star Citizen "alpha"
Waiting for:Star Citizen
Steam ID: [JRSS] Feydikan
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/feyd97

Herko Kerghans
Expert
Expert

Re: Trying to Establish Communications

Postby Herko Kerghans » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Helios wrote:So for a long time I've been really loosing faith in what is going on around here. I know we want to all believe but now that even the TS is down and no one has really heard a thing from the devs it's starting to get too much.

I share your frustration, mate.

I have no doubt that Ethan is passionate and driven when it comes to the game. But his community building skills have been somewhat lacking, to say it politely; he has not posted in these forums since late August, and on the dev blog all we´ve got in the last three months is a character creation screenshot.

For a game that should have been in Beta by last July (so says the Indiegogo perks)... dunno, not much meat on that bone.

So, Ethan: what´s going on? If you were developing a single-player game, then it would probably be a good use of your time to be doing nothing but coding and programming and debugging. But where a single-player game is all code, an MMO is one part code, one part community. Many a single-player game has been launched with almost zero publicity, and almost zero public awareness, and yet managed to grow from a microscopic audience by power of word-of-mouth... but an MMO server must be full of people the day it launches, or it will feel like a ghost town no matter how kick-ass it may otherwise be.

Fostering your game´s community is crucial. I mean: no matter how good D:O´s combat is, it will impossible to PvP unless there are enough players to PvP with.

I just cannot believe you don´t have time for a couple of weekly posts in here, mate. So, c´mon: don´t turn your back on us.

Don´t ignore us.

And above all, don´t insult us by throwing us yet another "the stuff we are working on is so frikkin´ amazing that there are no words to describe it, and if I were to post some vids you´d all go blind from pure awesomeness so I´ll better just keep y´all in the dark", mate. Sounds too painfully similar to big-studio PR crap.

In other words, mate... Show, don´t tell. C´mon; show us what you´ve got. :)

Return to “Archive”