So what are you guys going to do now?....

User avatar
Herko Kerghans
Expert
Expert
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 pm
Contact:

Re: So this is what you guys do now?....

Postby Herko Kerghans » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 am

Sam wrote:The thread was locked and archived because it served it's purpose and fulfilled the question that Ethan had, which was if we should begin a new campaign to gain funding for the project.

Theres is no reason to keep it up after 50 people voted and gave their opinions. If you guys would like to give us any ideas or contributions to what we should do with the campaign, please feel free to post about it.


All right, let me preface this with two comments:

1) I couldn´t read the poll thread. By this I mean: I saw it, I scanned briefly through Ethan´s OP there, but did not have time to read it in detail. I assumed the poll would still be open a few days laters, and I wanted other posters to express their ideas before I built one of my walls of text… an option I don´t have now, and for which you may consider themselves lucky! :P
2) Since all I have are the numbers provided by Sam (50 people voted) and Ethan (80% were positives) , I just have to say (please please PLEASE take this as constructive feedback from somebody who honestly thinks that, in this particular issue, the proverbial tree may be obscuring the equally proverbial forest) that numbers don´t look that good, mates.

I´ll keep everything below as free of opinion as I can; I´ll try to focus exclusively on cold, hard factual data.

Hard Fact#1: The Indiegogo campaing had 366 backers.

Hard Fact#2: The Kickstarter campaing had 116 backers.

Therefore:
> backer count went down 68% from Indiegogo to Kickstarter.

(Ethan has mentioned that the Kickstarter funds were in part a loan; I´m not privy to the exact amount, therefore I cannot calculate the amount per backer, which would be another useful metric)

Hard Fact#3: At the moment of this posting, there are 498 registered forum members. No offense to Dair, who joined on 9/1, I´ll remove him from the tally to make sure all members can be considered potential participants in the Very Important Poll; therefore, 497 registered forum users could have voted in the VIP, and by Sam´s numbers, 50 did.

Therefore,
> The number of positive votes represents 35% of the Kick backers, and 11% of the Indie backers (note: based on Ethan mentioning that all positive votes were backers; I´m not privy to whether they were K backers, I backers, or both)
> 10% of the registered forum voters participated in the poll.
> 8% of the registered forum voters casted a positive vote.



So… as promised, I´ll keep this free of opinion. Those are the cold, hard numbers, mates.

And please, this is me trying to provide useful feedback; I have no damn clue how to run a gaming company, or how to develop an MMO. I do know a bit about data analysis, though, so I´m just trying to share that expertise in SGLs decision-making process.

Just m 0.02 creds, mates! :D

User avatar
Helios
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am
Faction: Viconye Ritek

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Helios » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:42 pm

I read the part about the 20% whom where people that apparently did not donate.

I donated to both, $80 to the first (1st Gen Solitus), $80 to the next (after initially only giving $20).

You're lucky I'm not going to sue after that kind of accusation not to mention the way you've treated me and the rest of the mods who gave free-time for you especially after we gave you what you wanted, our "honest opinion" on whether or not to do another campaign and yet there's really nothing tangible.

I'm all for indie, I'm all for this project, I have no problem with it. After what has been said/done I'm not holding back punches because they certainly have not been held back against me.

Don't like the opinion? Don't ask for it. It's an opinion, you control the game development not us, it's not like you have to listen to what we have to say.

Stonyeir
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Stonyeir » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:21 pm

o.o *pokes head in to see whats up with all the anger then runs for the hills*

What happen to fun loving people I used to remember!

Conspiracy
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Conspiracy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Any ideas on when the next campaign is coming up and on which platform? I have not contributed anything yet to this cause, and I would like to show some support here!

I will be honest, I'd rather just ask this question than scour the forums here, I'm lazy :) ..Any thoughts on tapping into Steam for support?

Thanks guys, and hope everyone's having a good week!

Con

User avatar
EthanC
SGL
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 am

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby EthanC » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:19 am

Stonyeir wrote:o.o *pokes head in to see whats up with all the anger then runs for the hills*

What happen to fun loving people I used to remember!


I dunno man. People be needy I guess. At any rate, I'm putting some stuff out tomorrow that should help I hope :)

Conspiracy wrote:Any ideas on when the next campaign is coming up and on which platform? I have not contributed anything yet to this cause, and I would like to show some support here!

I will be honest, I'd rather just ask this question than scour the forums here, I'm lazy :) ..Any thoughts on tapping into Steam for support?

Thanks guys, and hope everyone's having a good week!

Con


I'd really like to have it begin within a month if possible because we're running on fumes but thanks a ton for your interest! Just keep a watch on here and also there will obviously be a devblog post about it. :)

Deathfyre
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Deathfyre » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 am

I'm honestly surprised at all the hate going around. people are clearly not understanding the amount of time it actually takes to make a full scale mmo with a team as small as Stainglass Llama. Understandable that people are upset because a beta was supposed to POTENTIALLY happen by now but that is the development of an indie game. Nothing is set in stone. Everyone wants to know whats happening behind the scenes and as soon as they do everyone just attacks it and calls it an excuse. It's no wonder Ethan is such a hermit. Also for all the people who have worked/volunteered for the project. The first thing Ethan does is warn you about how you won't be seeing much of him and that he is a pain in the ass work for. I've heard it several times. There is honest to god no reason to come on the forums and just bitch to the whole world about it. YOU AGREED TO IT. Anyways rant done Ethan forget these kids and just work on the game hearing children cry is not making you work any faster or better it's just hurting the game.
Last edited by Deathfyre on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonyeir
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Stonyeir » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 am

New stuffs tomarrow O.O even if its not out till monday I am excited to hear this.
Oh and Ethan we really need to think about adding that badassry stat to fugly gear. It would fit the ideals I have grown to love about the community. I can just see it now all the vets who have been here from the start running around in fugly ass gear just so we can say I have max badassry stat (even if the stat doesn't really make you a ubber badass, but it should.)

anti
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby anti » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:00 am

Deathfyre wrote:I'm honestly surprised at all the hate going around. people are clearly not understanding the amount of time it actually takes to make a full scale mmo with a team as small as Stainglass Llama. Understandable that people are upset because a beta was supposed to POTENTIALLY happen by now but that is the development of an indie game. Nothing is set in stone. Everyone wants to know whats happening behind the scenes and as soon as they do everyone just attacks it and calls it an excuse. It's no wonder Ethan is such a hermit. Also for all the people who have worked/volunteered for the project. The first thing Ethan does is warn you about how you won't be seeing much of him and that he is a pain in the ass work for. I've heard it several times. There is honest to god no reason to come on the forums and just bitch to the whole world about it. YOU AGREED TO IT. Anyways rant done Ethan forget these kids and just work on the game hearing children cry is not making you work any faster or better it's just hurting the game.


its more of how ppl were treated for giving their opinions. alot of us gave what we could, and then continued to do so only to be slapped in the face when giving opinions. we arent stupid and know shit happens. but banning ppl till a certain day on the forums because he gave his honest opinion is what pissed me off the most. do i want this game to fail? fuck no. i really wanna play this game. do i understand we might not get it for a long time? yes. what i dont understand is why we are asked for opinions and then ripped a new asshole for giving them. every mod which has been here since the beginning was dick slapped and totally ignored and one was even banned from the forums. all we were trying to do is tell you guys, hey if you want interest this is what you need to do.

it wasnt about the game. it was no respect for the few of us trying to help this game on the PR level and not to mention doing it on their own time for free.

btw none of us are kids. hell we are prolly older than you are. so stop trying to be a douche.

all in all, ethan all we ask for is respect and even if you cant do it, inform the community on whats going on. shit sam is supposed to be your link, make him do the bitch work while you do the game. thats what a PR guy is for.


and im gonna end my post with this. might get banned... who knows but thats my 2 cents (and a few other people's as well)

User avatar
Sam
SGL
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 am

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Sam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:26 am

Anti wrote:its more of how ppl were treated for giving their opinions. alot of us gave what we could, and then continued to do so only to be slapped in the face when giving opinions. we arent stupid and know shit happens. but banning ppl till a certain day on the forums because he gave his honest opinion is what pissed me off the most. do i want this game to fail? fuck no. i really wanna play this game. do i understand we might not get it for a long time? yes. what i dont understand is why we are asked for opinions and then ripped a new asshole for giving them. every mod which has been here since the beginning was dick slapped and totally ignored and one was even banned from the forums. all we were trying to do is tell you guys, hey if you want interest this is what you need to do.

it wasnt about the game. it was no respect for the few of us trying to help this game on the PR level and not to mention doing it on their own time for free.

btw none of us are kids. hell we are prolly older than you are. so stop trying to be a douche.

all in all, ethan all we ask for is respect and even if you cant do it, inform the community on whats going on. shit sam is supposed to be your link, make him do the bitch work while you do the game. thats what a PR guy is for.


and im gonna end my post with this. might get banned... who knows but thats my 2 cents (and a few other people's as well)


Anything in your post isn't and hasn't been a reason for banning/ban(s).

User avatar
Feydikan
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Feydikan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 am

Might want to clean up that multi-post there Sam....

Or as you just shaking in your boots because Its Feb 1 and my ban is effectively over? Or the fact that Anti's post was shockingly similar to the post I made that was deleted and resulted in my being banned for "being a towel". So i can understand his concern.

eh, no hard feelings. :D Entitas ipsa involvit aptitudinem ad extorquendum certum assensum
I am a Towel
Currently playing: Divinity: Original Sin & Star Citizen "alpha"
Waiting for:Star Citizen
Steam ID: [JRSS] Feydikan
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/feyd97


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests