So what are you guys going to do now?....

Stonyeir

Re: So what are you guys going to do now?....

Postby Stonyeir » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 am

Fey Anti you know me yes? We had good times and bad during the first test no? I know you like to be the "devil's advocate" on the forums but please try and give Sam abit of a break eh? He's still getting used to being a forum mod and honestly he's just trying to do what he can to 1) keep Ethan from going crazy and 2) Keep the peace and unity of the forums as best he can for the time being. Yes some of the stuff has been a weebit over the top but it's not like it's fully on his shoulders. But anyways welcome back Fey from the ban looking forward to some of you Warranted devil's rants :)

But again give Sam a break yeah?

anti

Postby anti » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm

dont remember any bad times stoney.

but when someone you know for 12 years is banned for trying to help and give his opinion kinda pisses me off. fey and I have yelled at each other many many times over the years but when push comes to shove, i back up my friends.

as far as "giving sam a break" i had nothing against sam at all, till my friend was banned because of his opinion. and it would be different if he just went off on a rant and starting bashing ethan or sam for no reason (which he has ranted for no reason in the past, not about this tho, but other times in the past) but again he was asked for his opinion and he gave it.

respect goes both ways. it needs to be earned, its not given. at least by me.

my posts in no way shape or form had every been posted to bash, troll, or fight with anyone on these forums (including ethan, sam, or anyone else for that matter). hell i have backed ethan many times from the trolls personally. im here cuz i want to see this game succeed, but honestly imo i dont know if thats even possible anymore. the community is basically dead, and alot of the members that were here since the beginning have been shitted on and basically made them say, "fuck it".

Stonyeir

Postby Stonyeir » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 pm

I know how ya feel Anti truly. Now I did not return in time to see the thread that caused all the issues, but I have had a chance to sit down with Sam in TS3 sense the whole thing happened. From what I gathered he was abit overwhelmed and with his first few days( which I assume was when all this happened) he was trying to catch up with the forums and its memebers. Now I understand he might have jumped the gun abit on the ban, but as a mod on a forum, it doesn't stand out well to admit wrong doing in the open and even less so if he were to reverse what was already done. Now was he right? I can't say either way as I never saw the post, but I have been overwhelmed before as I am sure you and Fey both have as well and its pretty safe to say atleast I don't make completely rational choices when under those condition's.

I am not taking sides on this I am meerly trying to buffer between you two and sam. I know hes gotten alot of shit sense he came here but not all the decisions he's had to put out there can be fully placed on him. I know Ethan has been stressed as of late with the game and coders etc (now I am not supporting nor condoning this) but I am understanding of stress and how it can effect people. If Sam is being held to strict guidelines like alot of the coders that I can remember in the past were I am sure hes as stressed as Ethan. So alittle slack is all I am asking here for both Ethan and Sam and this goes for you as well Sam cut Fey abit of slack as well as he has been here a very long time and done alot of work for the community.

Now with all that being said Fey, Anti, Sam, and anyone else who might wish to chime in, for the sake of the community "Can't we all just get along?" If people continue to fight as it has been showing in the past few times that I have been to the forums I have a feeling its going to do more harm then good to the community. If you three want to continue to work things out or simply continue the aurgument I would like to ask for the sake of people who will in the future be poking their head in here to see whats going on with the community and game, that we keep the in house fighting out of the open forums at the very least. Fights like this make everyone look bad to an outside viewer and thus gives the community as a whole a bad image.

Now once again I am not taking sides meerly pointing out things I believe need to be stated and asking to everyone to get along. As Anti pointed yes some of the vets have been treated bad in the past but if you let it roll of your back like water, rather then continuing to push the issue and come back to it later with a clear head on both parties it tends to work out alot better for all. I know for awhile there me and DJ did not see eye to eye and at times I am sure I have pissed Ethan off as well and I know on more then one occasion I have been angered by many people, But it almost always works itself out (minus 1 that for undisclosed reasons) has yet to be adressed.

Sam
SGL

Postby Sam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:02 pm

The matter of my previous post was because I was up at three in the morning literally sleeping at the desk talking to Ethan, so that wasn't purposeful. Now all I can say on the ban is that there was unnecessary lightning boltshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw being thrown around that were of course, starting fires. Inevitably the source was found and the fire was temporarily extinguished. We are trying to keep this forum straight for the purpose for potentiality new community members (also benefiting you veterans who want forums), which is the reason Ethan has kept the forums up (mostly because I begged him to (for you guys)). Further discussion about this should be no longer needed. If you would like to contribute to a clean forum you may do so, please use this as a turning point to stay positive and on track.

Thank you and Sorry,
Sam

anti

Postby anti » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 pm

fair enough

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 am

i dont think it would matter that much, the community is half dead already

deusex2

Postby deusex2 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:30 am

Dude there's a special spot in hell for those who uses LARPs as references! :lol:

@Masammune:

It's not dead, it's just hibernating.

deusex2

Postby deusex2 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Oh come on! What's wrong with being cynical?! It did wonders for me!

Stonyeir

Postby Stonyeir » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:33 am

<.< *strokes goatee* Are you a famous youtuber Deusex? Mayhap's a perticular cynical britt?
If not then what wonders has it done for you? :P
Just messing with ya I am half asleep at the keyboard after a full 12hours of kicking arse on GW2 in WvW....Can't wait to do it Divergence so my bloodlust will have to be saited by some other lesser game.

deusex2

Postby deusex2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 am

Hey! Maybe I'm not a youtuber, but we both know tag cynical one that's doing pretty great.

As for me, since when does one needs to be a youtuber in order to feel great about one's own cynicism?!

I mean lets face it-the more cynical you get, the less you expect from others. In turn you avoid greater disappointment! ^_^

It's practically win-win situation for you.

Return to “Archive”